Make a Donation

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Filmmaking 101

Anyone can make a movie. Anywhere. It's up to you how passionate you are about telling your story.

I lived in Los Angeles for years, trying to make my first film. Nothing was happening. Finally I said 'screw this town. I'm going to go back home and make my own movies, my own way'. Well, here I am. Seven years later. And my films have screened at over 300 film festivals around the world. I've got a global audience for my movies, and they're waiting every year for a new one. I don't make any money yet with my films....but I'll be honest. I am living my dream. Making movies, and sharing them with an audience around the world.

You can too. It's not that hard. True, I've got a big background. Coming from a theatre background, 25 years in the film and stage business, running a theatre company in Chicago, and being a former college professor, along with a Master's in Communications and a degree in Business has it's advantages. But you can make a movie too. Anyone can be an independent filmmaker. Anywhere.

When I went back home to the Ozarks to make my movies, I used books as my tool on how to make the films. You don't have to go to film school. You don't need a degree. Go to your local book store, and go to the film section. You'll find a wealth of help.

Make your movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment