Make a Donation

Friday, March 29, 2013

Filmmaking Projects



I love being a truly independent filmmaker.

Underground filmmaking. There's nothing like it.

If you're a real filmmaker, you have projects. You have film projects you want to get done, you need to get done, and that only you get done.

Only you can get your projects done. Sure, you can get other people to help you. But they won't get done if you don't do them.

Over the last 7 years, I've made 14 films, about 30 commercials, and 6 web series.

And they're all independent. All underground. All low to no budget filmmaking.

Here, 7 years later, a global audience watches these films worldwide. A cult following. Waiting for the next one.

There's nothing like it.

What filmmaking projects do you have? One? Ten? Fifty?

John Steinbeck said it right: "Ideas are like rabbits. You get one or two, and learn how to handle them. Then pretty soon, you have a dozen".

It was so much easier when I was making my first film. That was all I had to think about. Making that one film and sharing it with the world. Now, 50 films later, 300 film festivals later, a global cult film following, it's much harder. Now, the projects to make are much harder on my end. Because now, I've got a lot to make on my plate.

Here's in a nutshell, what's going on with my end:

A new documentary short film premiering next week in London
A film screening in 2 weeks in Arizona
Invites of my films to over 30 film festivals this month
3 web series weekly on the internet
Shooting a commercial in April
Production/shooting a new short film
Pre-production of a feature film that begins shooting in 2 months

Filmmaking projects. There's nothing like it.

The world of insanity in a filmmaker's mind is heaven. The creative juices flow nonstop.

Learn by example.

Make your filmmaking projects.

NO BUDGET FILMMAKING
By Jack Truman






No comments:

Post a Comment