Make a Donation

Saturday, December 21, 2013

No Budget Filmmaking in Las Vegas - Wrapping Up 2013




Well, there's about a week left here in 2013. And I don't know where it's gone.

This year has just whizzed by. Started out in January with releasing my No Budget filmmaking book, going to Park City as a programmer for Slamdance, and releasing a new short film. Since January, so much has happened this year:

I went from Park City, to L.A., to being in Vegas until April, then back Missouri for 6 months, then back here in Vegas to wrap up the year;

Wrote 3 books
Shot 5 new short films
Am in post production with another film
And my films have screened over 40 film festivals worldwide this year alone.

And next week, I have a major event here in Las Vegas for the No Budget filmmaking book.

This year 2013 has been one for the books.

Here I am, in Sin City, wrapping up some underground no budget filmmaking, with a lot to do these last 10 days of December. Hopefully, by the beginning of January 2014, I'll have this new film edited. It'll be another shocker. It makes me laugh my ass off when I'm watching the footage in post.

2014 will start out as another killer year for me with independent filmmaking. With no money. No budget. Underground filmmaking. Truly independent. This is how the year is lined up to begin on my end for 2014:

The new comedy will be edited and released for its film festival debut
I'll be at Sundance and Slamdance in January for a major event with my new filmmaking book
A new web series will be released
Shooting a new film in Nevada and California
Screenings of PHONE SEX GRANDMA at film festivals in London and Canada
Festival screenings of our films lining up already worldwide through April
Starting a national book tour with the No Budget filmmaking book in Utah, Nevada and California

It never ends.

Wow. 2014 is going to start right out with a bang. I can't wait.

The other day, I looked at a list I made in January of everything I wanted to get done this year. And everything is checked off.

That's a damn good feeling.

To spend a year of my life writing books, making movies and getting everything done that I want to get done. Living life my own way. Being independent. Life doesn't get much better than that.

It's amazing. No matter where I go, whether it's around the artificial fakes in Hollywood, the hustlers in Las Vegas, or the rednecks and deadbeats back home in Missouri, I can make a movie anywhere. With no money. And screen it around the world.

It's been a year for the books.

NO BUDGET FILMMAKING
By Jack Truman:




NO BUDGET FILMMAKING - BOOK TRAILER!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment